Should You Contest A Traffic Violation?

Many people think that once they've been given a moving violation, they have no recourse. The truth is moving violations and speeding tickets can add up, especially with the California "points-based" system. Too many points can have a dramatic negative effect on not only your insurance but also on your driving privileges. It is important to not only understand the long-term ramifications of traffic violations but also ensure you have the representation and legal know-how you need to protect yourself.

Helping You With Common Violations

At the Law Offices of Jeffrey Alvirez, I help you protect your rights and driving privileges. California's system is based on points. If you accumulate 12 points in three years, you may have your license suspended.

I can help if you have been issued a citation for:

  • Speeding
  • Driving with a suspended license
  • Failure to appear
  • No insurance
  • Cellphone use while driving

Understanding The Points System

The California Department of Motor Vehicles can suspend your license, revoke your license or put you on probation if you are found guilty of many types of negligent driving. Understanding what puts you at risk as well as your rights and how to defend yourself are important to protecting your eligibility to drive. Failing to do so can mean a loss of your driving privileges.

The Three Questions To Ask An Attorney

There are many attorneys who will take your traffic violation case. But not all attorneys are willing to put in the effort it takes to make the most difference. When interviewing an attorney ask these three questions:

  1. How many days will it take to contest my ticket?
  2. What options do I have available if I choose to challenge my ticket?
  3. What happens if I don't pay my ticket immediately?

One Thing To Never Do

There are many instances when an experienced and dedicated traffic lawyer can help. However, an attorney's job is made much more difficult if you miss your court appearance date. Whenever possible and by all means necessary, show up for your court appearance.

Not Sure If You Need Representation?

Call my Pasadena office for a free initial consultation to discuss your issue: 626-657-0449. I serve clients in West San Bernardino County, East Los Angeles County and throughout the state.